According to him, is the first descent on Tuesday was successful. "We found a ship that was wrecked in 1860" – he said. On Wednesday, with participants in an international expedition to study the bottom of Lake Geneva, met Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, who is completing his working visit to Switzerland. One of the participants, the Russian president's special representative for international cooperation in the Arctic and Antarctic, the famous polar explorer, a State Duma deputy Artur Chilingarov told the Prime Minister that the work began Tuesday and manned vehicles "Mir-1 and Mir-2 went down on depth of 300 meters. Putin listened to report on progress and planned work, wished success to the expedition and asked them to send greetings. Russian deep-sea manned vehicles "Mir-1 and Mir-2" will conduct research on Lake Geneva in a few months. Tuesday dive lasted about 40 minutes, it was held about the middle of the lake, between the Swiss Lausanne and Evian. Scientists managed to descend to a depth of 296 meters. The expedition – about 20 Russian scientists, joined by scientists from Switzerland and France. Experts expect to make many discoveries as Lake Geneva deeper than 300 meters on the border of France and Switzerland, while not yet so thoroughly studied. Deep-sea manned vehicles "Mir" are based on board the research vessel Akademik Mstislav Keldysh "(home port – Kaliningrad). Of particular popularity was received by the fact that provided the underwater filming for the movie, James Cameron's "Titanic." From 2008 to 2010, both deep-sea manned vehicles "Mir-1 and Mir-2" have participated in research expeditions "Worlds on Lake Baikal, during which scientists study the ecosystem of the pond, plant and animal worlds, the tectonic processes at the bottom the lake and made a number of scientific discoveries.
- In the middle East is brou'n new conflict: the leader of Iran Ayatollah Ali Khamenei called Israel. "fake"...
- The cold will come to Moscow on Wednesday
- National security trumps instructed the tanker
- The network has a map of the most dangerous countries in the world
- LUKoil voltooi'n transaction for the sale of "Karpatneftekhim"
5 recent posts for today:
- Gatilov: restrictions on the deployment of the UN peacekeeping outdated Golan, June 8, 2013
- ? onaldinyu: there is a chance that I will return to the Brazilian national, December 8, 2012
- A Moscow police suspect killed in possession of heroin, April 20, 2015
- The United States did not start a case against foster parents Maxim Kuzmin 52), March 20, 2013
- In Moscow began the new public transport tickets work, February 1, 2013